Direct sales used to be only about in-home parties when I first started some twenty years ago. Nowadays you have a plethora of ways to sell with the advent of social media but parties are still one of the best and nothing is better than a theme party!
However, for some, coming up with themes can be difficult and even for those of us who are creative, it can be hard from time to time. I’m going to help you out today by giving you 25 great theme party ideas for your next virtual party. And for those who don’t know what a theme party is I’ve got you covered read here for more info.
Seasonal Theme Party Ideas
One easy way to get theme party ideas is to think about things that work with the season you are in. Not just fall, winter, and so on but creative ideas in that space. Think of things that you enjoy in the seasons like candy corn, pumpkin spice lattes, and falling leaves (can you tell my favorite seasons is fall, y’all). Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Ugly Christmas Sweater Party – Have everybody post a picture of themselves in an ugly Christmas sweater for fun.
2. S’mores – This leads easily into sharing your opportunity with, “wouldn’t you love s’more money?”
3. Costume Party – Have people share the best thing they have ever dressed up as. If you do makeup (like me) do a look that is costumey.
4. Camping – Share which of your products work best outdoors.
5. Flowers in Bloom – Do a hosting game where they pick a flower when they choose to host and get a free something extra from you.
6. Luau – Be brave and do your best hula dancing live for everyone.
7. Fall in Love with…. – Fill in the blank with your product.
8. Luck O’ The Irish – Talk about all the luck using your products will bring them.
9. Dream Vacation – Great one to use for an opportunity event talking about how they can earn money for that dream vacation by making some money at home.
10. Prom – This is one I saw done by a sideline and it looked like so much fun. She even voted on a prom queen.
Nerdy Theme Party Ideas
This is my favorite type of theme party to do and usually what I ask for if I’m doing a party with someone else. It seems like nowadays everyone has a favorite show, game, book, or fandom and they are so super easy to turn into a theme party. Here are some ideas to get you going.
11. Jane Austen – This is so much fun because you can play off everything from the regency era.
12. Anne of Green Gables – Use loads of big words. LOL
13. Star Trek – Come up with products for the different characters. Vote on who the best captain is, even though we all know it’s Captain Janeway. You know you are a true Trekkie if you know who that is.
14. Harry Potter – Have house competitions with your guests after they are sorted.
15. Friends – Invite everyone to become friends with you at the end of the night.
16. Space – Talk about how your products are “out of this world”. Super cheesy but it works if that’s your sort of humor.
17. Doctor Who – Obviously there can be fights, I mean fun times, over who the best doctor has been.
18. Once Upon a Time – There are loads of great fairy tale options in this one.
19. My Little Pony – I know it’s a cartoon but those ponies are amazing!
20. Disney – This one as so many directions you can go from princesses to Villians to theme parks. There is just so much to get your creative juices flowing.
Miscellaneous Theme Party Ideas
Let’s end with some miscellaneous ideas to round things out.
21. Bubble Bath Bash – This works great whether you sell something for kids or adults.
22. Death by Chocolate – Who doesn’t love some chocolate? Actually, don’t answer that, I’ve met quite a few people who don’t, crazy, I know!
23. Donuts & Deals – This is a fabulous one if you are running a sale.
24. Everything 80s – Not only will this allow you to reminisce about childhood, but the 80s are back in style now.
25. Movie Night – If you do this one with your VIP group you can get ideas for other theme party’s to do by asking for their favorite movies.
These ideas were so fun to come up with. The last five are from CinchShare because I did need some help at the end. Remember to utilize the resources you have at your fingertips. I love CinchShare and not only did they have some of these fun theme party ideas but they also had some graphics for them. You just add in graphics about your products and voila, you have a party all done. Click here to get a free trial and check out the amazing theme parties.
I’d love to connect with you. You can either contact me through my contact form, follow me on my Facebook page, or sign up for my glittery notification service to hear about upcoming lives, videos, and all the glittery goodness!!! I’ll see you there!